||Schools, groups, sports clubs, and bands all around the country engage in fundraisers each year. They play an important role in helping to ensure that their members have the funding they need in order to pay for equipment, cover travel expenses, or get their needed supplies to keep going. Yet not everyone knows the right way to manage a school fundraiser so that it’s lucrative. Knowing that to do can make a world of difference in the outcome.
Here are 5 simple steps to follow to help your school, church group, or sports club have a successful fundraiser:
- Pick your product. This is one of the most important steps, because you have to have something that people will actually want to buy. Coffee fundraisers are so successful because people love to drink it. In fact, it’s one of the most popular beverages in the world, making it an easy sell. Plus, when you pick a coffee fundraiser like Java Joe’s, we offer 23 different varieties to choose from, so there is something for everyone.
- Set a goal. Figure out how much money your school fundraiser needs to earn in order for you to feel it was successful. This is a number that you will use as your yardstick and also share with those who are part of the team.
- Rally your troops. Determine who is going to be a part of the fundraising effort and get them on board. Let them know what their role is in helping with the school fundraiser so that they know what is expected of them. Also, be sure to mention that they need to provide good customer service, by being polite, helpful, and always thanking the customers.
- Make your connections. Many people are against solicitors stopping by to sell products, so it makes good sense to try to do more online sales. At Java Joe’s we make it simple for people to place their fundraising orders online. It’s convenient and a low pressure, yet simple, experience for all.
- Follow up. Once you get the initial information out there about the school fundraising options, be sure to follow up with people. Some may forget that they need to get the sale in, while others may have questions you can help with. Following up will keep the fundraising ideas fresh in their heads.
A coffee fundraiser provides your group with a great way to earn the money they need. Putting someone in charge of managing it will help see it through to success. Every great team needs a leader, even when it comes to great fundraisers. Check out our coffee fundraiser to see how easy it is to set up, manage, and earn money off of. We even offer SMS capabilities, making it easier for you to have a successful coffee fundraiser. You won’t be disappointed in our coffee fundraising program!